Aquí dejo, en inglés, para todos los gaijins de Tokyo y para los japoneses también, la receta de nuestra deliciosa tortilla de patata.
Here I write, in English, for all the gaijins in Tokyo and for the Japanese as well, the recipe of our delicious Spanish Omelette.
Tortilla de patata - Spanish Omelette - スペイン風オムレツ
7 tiny Japanese potatoes - 1 onion - 3 eggs - olive oil
Before starting, look for Estrella Morente, Paco de Lucía or Camarón de la Isla in youtube and play it. This is the most important step of them all.
01. Peal the potatoes, either with a pealed or with a knife, and cut them in slices (aprox. 50mm)
02. Peal the onion and chop it in small pieces.
03. Fill a frying pan with olive oil (it’ll taste better if it comes from Spain)
04. Fry the potato slices mixed with the onion slowly with low temperature (it takes about 10 minutes).
05. Take the fried mixture out of the olive oil with a fork, in order to remove as much olive oil as possible.
06. Beat the 3 eggs and pour them into the fried mixture. Stir it up so that the egg mixes with the potatoes.
07. Heat a frying pan, this time with very little olive oil (almost nothing).
08. Pour the mixture to the frying pan and fry it first in one side (don’t fry it too much, so that the egg is a little bit raw in the inside.
09. This is the tricky step. Yo have to turn the omelette over so that it gets cooked in both sides. Place a plate (little bit bigger than the pan) on top of it. Hold it with your hand and turn the pan so that the omelette stays in the plate. Then put it back into the pan so as to fry the other side of it.
10. When both sides are fried, slide it out to a plate, and it’ll be ready to eat. Just delicious!
Hope you all try it and enjoy! ;)